Join Dance Floor Academy, Lights Camera Action Program as a Volunteer!
Special events and community productions are some of the many opportunities to be a part of Dance Floor Academy. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the Volunteer Application and you will be invited to participate in a Volunteer training session. Training sessions will be held throughout the year and attendance at one training is required before participation can begin.
Volunteers may be asked to:
- Standing for long periods of time (up to 4 hours)
- Bend over to pick up items from the floor
- Verify and take tickets
- Hand out programs and other printed materials
- Assist patrons in finding their seats
- Prevent food and drinks from being taken into an event (Bottled water is the only exception)
- Enforce rules, such as no photography allowed if applicable
- Monitor and manage the seating of late arrivals
- Perform a light clean up after the show
- Be alert for any disturbance or emergency
- Follow instructions from the House and Theatre Managers
- Assist with emergency evacuations if necessary
Volunteers perform an important customer service and public safety function. If you want to watch a particular performance, you should purchase a ticket and attend the event as a patron to ensure you enjoy the entire performance. Volunteer contributions of time and energy are an important aspect of the operation of Dance Floor Academy and we welcome your interest in assuring our patrons have a wonderful theatre experience.